St. James AME Church
- 588 Martin Luther King Jr., Blvd.
- Newark, NJ 07102
- (973) 622-1344
Built in 1852 as the High St. Presbyterian Church, this Gothic greystone building features towers, four steeples, and cathedral memorial windows. The congregation, which at one time included a number of local and state leaders, merged with that of Old First Presbyterian Church in 1926. It became an African Methodist Episcopal church in 1944.
- Hours of Operation: Worship service: Sun, 7:30am, 11am. Bible study: Tue, 6:30pm (women, youth); Sat, 8am (men)