Trinity and St. Philip's Cathedral
- 608 Broad Street
- Newark, NJ 07102
- (973) 643-0137
This is a historic church on the perimeter of Military Park. Trinity Church was originally built in 1743, under a charter from King George II, serving those who had settled in Newark. The building was used as a hospital for both British and American troops during the American Revolutionary War, sustaining significant damage. A new church, retaining parts of the old church building and the steeple and portico, was constructed in 1809.
- Hours of Operation: Worship service: Sun, 8am, 10am; Wed, 12:10pm. Kerygma Bible study: Tue, 7pm.