Amid the growing concerns about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and for the health and safety of our Visitor Center personnel, the Visitor Information Center (GNCVB) will be closed to the public until further notice. The GNCVB administrative office will remain OPEN from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm daily. Groups, walk-in guests, or those traveling to Newark, can find additional information on our website at www.newarkhappening.com. If you have any questions or need to speak with a Destination consultant, please call our office directly at 973-735-2135.
City of Newark Updates
Stay up to date with COVID-19.
24 JANUARY 2021 —
MAYOR BARAKA TO SIGN EXECUTIVE ORDER ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 27 REQUIRING PROOF OF VACCINATION TO ENTER ESTABLISHMENTS AMID SPIKE IN COVID-19 CASES
By January 10, persons entering a facility or business must show proof of at least one COVID-19 vaccination dose; and be fully vaccinated three weeks later.
COVID-19 Comprehensive Help for Residents and Small Businesses
Mayor Baraka has developed a website and special programs to help you stay informed of COVID-19 developments.
LINK - newarkcovid19.com
Application and Requirements to Re-Open
All retail businesses must complete an application prior to re-opening.
For Re-Opening Requirements + Application Click Here
Curbside & In-Store Pickup Retail Guidelines for Employers and Employees
Newark Reopening Guidelines
State of New Jersey Updates
Free COVID-19 testing is available in New Jersey. Learn more. Link Opens in New Tab
– Search for COVID-19 and Reopening Information Here
– What you need to know
– Find services and information
State of New Jersey Coronavirus Helpline:
The City of Newark, Mayor Ras J. Baraka, and Health Department and Wellness Director Dr. Mark Wade are urging residents with questions about the virus to call the State of New Jersey’s hotline at 1 (800) 222-1222. The Helpline, free and available 24/7, is a resource that anyone in the Greater Newark Area is encouraged to use to answer questions about COVID-19. Staffed by medical experts, the helpline will help answer questions, including:
- Symptoms and risk factors for the coronavirus
- What to do if you think you may have been exposed
- Surveillance & Testing
- Recommendations for social distancing
Visit New Jersey Preventative Efforts:
The New Jersey Division of Travel and Tourism (NJTT) is actively managing developments as they unfold with COVID-19, in close conjunction with the New Jersey Department of Health. The health and safety of our communities remain our top priority, and we advise all travelers, residents and businesses to seek official information regarding New Jersey’s response to the coronavirus at New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub. The COVID-19 Info Hub also provides the very latest guidance on protocols, rules and details for safe gatherings in New Jersey. In addition, the New Jersey Department of Health's website offers residents and tourists the latest news and information in travel updates.
- Executive Orders issued by Governor Murphy can be found here.
- Administrative Orders issued by the State of New Jersey can be found here.
- Tristate Travel Advisory: Effective June 24, 2020, all individuals traveling from states with significant community spread of COVID-19 must self-quarantine for a 14-day period from the time of the last contact within the identified state when arriving in New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut. Check Updates, which can be found on a rolling basis.
NJTT is committed to ensuring the safety and health of our residents, partners, tourists, visitors, and staff, and will provide you with tourism-related updates, as we closely monitor the COVID-19 outbreak in our state and throughout the country.
Information for COVID-19 Impacted Businesses - Click Here
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Coronavirus Disease 2019
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus
- U.S. Travel Association - Emergency Preparedness and Response
- FEMA – www.fema.gov
- State of New Jersey: Department of Health
- Governor Phil Murphy Executive Order No. 104
- Governor Phil Murphy Executive Order No. 103, Mandatory Facility Closures
- New Jersey Businesses Guidance for COVID-19
Have general questions about COVID-19?
The NJ Poison Control Center and 211 have partnered with the State to provide information to the public on COVID-19:
- Call: 2-1-1
- Call (24/7): 1-800-222-1222
- Text: NJCOVID to 898-211
Information for Travelers:
- CDC Recommendations for Travelers
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR): COVID-19 Precautions
- NJ Transit
- Information for Travelers to Newark
Information for Travel Trade, Meeting Planners, and Exhibitors:
- US Travel Association Coronavirus Toolkit
- PCMA Resources for Business Event Professionals
- Meeting Professionals International
- International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) official statement
- Meetings Means Business
Information for Hotels and Restaurants:
If at any time the GNCVB receives new guidance from the CDC, the City of Newark or the State of New Jersey, or if concerns begin to escalate due to emerging information, we will promptly update this page.