Transportation & Affordability:
- Just 8 short miles from NYC, with quick and easy access
- Make quick connections through our transportation hub via Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ TRANSIT trains and busses, subway (PATH), Light Rail, Amtrak, Greyhound, and Bolt Bus
- Newark Liberty International Airport is just 6 minutes away
World-class Sports & Entertainment:
- Home to the NHL 3 times Stanley Cup Champion New Jersey Devils, New York Red Bulls MLS soccer, and NCAA Seton Hall basketball.
- Great events happen. Like Super Bowl XLVIII Media Day, NHL Draft, Black Girls Rock! and concerts by Rolling Stones, Jay Z, Rihanna, Radiohead and Drake
- Get creative. We’ve got a massive concentration of emerging artists, conquering the art world stroke by stroke
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC), one of the largest and most glamorous in the nation
- Home to legendary jazz radio station WBGO 88.3FM
- The place to experience international Poet Laureates at the biennial Dodge Poetry Festival.
- Catch a flick at Shaquille O’Neal supersized cinema in Shaq DX
- That delicious Oreo cookie stuffing was invented by a Newarker
- Newark Liberty International Airport is the nation’s oldest airfield and home to the nation’s first commercial airline terminal. In fact, in 1935, Amelia Earhart led the dedication of this landmark terminal building.
- Headquarters to great corporations such as Prudential, Panasonic, Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Jersey, Audible.com, Artagnan, and Manischewitz
- We’re a college town! Hit the books at Rutgers Newark, the New Jersey Institute of Technology, Seton Hall University's Law School, Berkeley, Essex County, University of Medicine and Dentistry and Kean University
- Newark's Branch Brook Park is the oldest county park in the United States and is home to the nation's largest collection of cherry blossom trees
- The original Vince Lombardi Trophy, won by the Green Bay Packers, was created here in Newark by Tiffany & Co in 1969
- According to early record, the greater Newark area was purchased from the Hackensack Indians for gunpowder, lead, axes, coats, guns, swords, kettles, blankets, knives, hoes, 10 pairs of breeches and 3 trooper coats- valued at $750. It was later incorporated as a Township in 1693
- In 1935 the G. Krueger Brewing Company of Newark became the first brewer to sell beer in steel cans