Back To Previous

St. James AME Church

St. James AME Church

Details

Built in 1852 as the High St. Presbyterian Church, this Gothic greystone building features towers, four steeples, and cathedral memorial windows. The congregation, which at one time included a number of local and state leaders, merged with that of Old First Presbyterian Church in 1926. It became an African Methodist Episcopal church in 1944.

Map

Amenities

Overview
General
  • Hours of Operation: Worship service: Sun, 7:30am, 11am. Bible study: Tue, 6:30pm (women, youth); Sat, 8am (men)