Newark First Fridays in Newark, NJ
May 3 • June 7 • July 5 • August 2 • September 6
Each month, Newark First Fridays showcases emerging artists, makers, artisan food vendors, musicians, and uniquely talented street performers. Seeking to empower equitable business and exposure to Newark as a complete city.
BRINGING TO LIFE, NEWARK'S FRIDAY NIGHT
FIRST FRIDAY EVERY MONTH
The Artwalk (marketplace portion) of Newark First Fridays is depending inclement weather.*
Official Stops: (*RAIN or SHINE)
In addition to the Halsey Street marketplace, First Fridays also includes official stops throughout downtown where you can check out events, see exhibits, get deals, or simply meet other First Friday revelers. Today’s official stops are:
- Brick City Comedy Revue (27 Central Ave, 8pm)
- O'Lala Empanadas (94 Market Street, 11 am – 10 pm)
- Index Art Center/Art & Artifacts of Newark (237 Washington Street, 11 am – 6 pm)
- Burger Walla (47 Halsey Street, 11 am – 8 pm)
- Newark Print Shop (304 University Ave, 4 pm – 8 pm)
- Boutique Off The Hanger/A Necessary Style (12 Linden Street, 11 am – 7 pm)
- Gateway Project Spaces (2 Gateway Center, 11 am – 6 pm)
- The Weekend Spot (683 Springfield Ave, 5 pm – 9 pm)
- Equal Space (2 Gateway Center, 11 am – 6 pm)
- Playa Bowl (53 New Street, 12 pm – 7 pm)
Newark First Fridays: part street festival, part art walk, and part market, the monthly events are meant to:
- Energize Newark streetscapes and activate Newark spaces
- Bring together every facet of the city’s eclectic culture
- Provide commercial opportunities to local vendors who can offer their products at a low cost of entry
- Bring you face-to-face with the best emerging artists, performers and artisans in the city
- Drive economic impact for our great city
Revealing a Creative City
Ssssssh.... Official After Party
First Fridays’ after party runs from 9 pm to 1 am. Its location will remain on the hush until 6 pm the night of, so stay tuned to their social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) or join their mailing list for the details.
Vendors, staged and street performers, and non-profit and services information tables: applications for all opportunities are accepting on a rolling basis on Newark First Fridays’ newly launched website. Newark First Fridays is also still accepting applications for festival team members and volunteers.
Newark First Fridays is organized by Newark-based prosocial creative service agency GalleryRetail.